Monday, May 10, 2010

Just A Regular Love Story

“This is the story of a boy named Shaun. Shaun was never all that lucky with the ladies because he was a just a regular guy and extremely arrogant about his intelligence, although he was still handsome and had many traits that were acceptable in a boyfriend. This story starts when Shaun was a freshman in high school. See Shaun was what most of you would call a “Hopeless Romantic” he was always looking for love even as a child. Of course as a boy this concept was beyond him, but still there was never a more curious boy.

He loved “chick flicks” and loved to read about love, however he still had no idea what it was or how you got it. And throughout his entire life he could not figure out why real life never worked like that. This brings us back to his freshman year.”

The Speaker hesitates to clear his throat and begins.

“On the first day of school there was static in the air as the anticipation hung all around in the auditorium. All of the freshmen were excited about their first day of high school and the tension was rising as all the students filed into the auditorium for orientation.”

“Welcome back to Shady High School, “the principal began from his podium at the front of the room, “I hope this year will be one to remember in the social and academic histories of all the bright minds here today.”

“Little did he know that it would be a day to remember, but for different reasons”, the speaker calmly states with that little twinkle in his eye. That first day of orientation is the first day that Shaun would see her; the girl who would haunt his dreams for the next four years, Jane.”
“Jane was a new student from some big city and was not quite accustomed to a small town in Texas like Shady, where there were more cows than there were people, but her father was a preacher who took a job in this small little town, so she had no choice. She would give it a chance regardless of anything because she was very open-minded. Jane was a very free-spirited, opinionated, doozy of a girl. She was slightly stubborn, and never really thought herself pretty no matter what anyone said even though any person asked would confirm that she was beautiful.”

“Well on her first day at Shady High she was met with a warmer reception than she thought even possible form this group of “Country Bumpkins”; turns out they are people too. Now when Jane got to Shady she was dating a boy named Alex from her old school and never even gave a second thought about looking for any guys to be buddies with. She learned shortly afterwards that long distance relationships usually didn’t work. Her boyfriend dumped her over the phone one night and so she, like many other girls, called one of her new girlfriends. About ten miles away on the other side of town a boy named Shaun was preparing for the next day of school.”

“Shaun, go wash the dishes or your grounded!” Shaun’s stepmother screams from the other room.

“Yes Ma’am” Shaun returns but thinks to himself, I wouldn’t have to if we would invest in paper plates or someone else would do them for once. Afterwards in his room Shaun lies on his bed staring up at the ceiling feeling listless as usual. Man she was pretty; too bad she would never even look at me. Shaun thought to himself. It’s cool one day I will find true love and I’ll be better for it. He turns over and switches off the lamp, he was about to be off on another dreamy adventure with Jane.

The next day at school Shaun was reading a book in his first period English class when she walks in and sits across the room from him. Shaun notices she is looking glum and walks over and sits down beside her. He was attempting to make a pretty bold move.

“Not adjusting well, huh?” Shaun asks casually. Man she even smells pretty.

“No it’s not that,” she quickly replies.

“Well then what is it that can make a girl as pretty as you look so sad and depressed?” Shaun states trying to keep his composure. “Wait, I’m sorry that was rude, my name is Shaun and yours is?”

“Jane” she replies with a grin on her face.

“What is there something in my teeth or something?” Shaun clumsily replies. Great real smooth their ex-lax.

“No it’s not that, it’s just that you don’t even know my name and you come over here and try to be my friend like you know me or something.” Jane says matter of factly.

“Well, I was just trying to be nice, I mean, it is something I usually do.” Shaun retorted.

"Well needless to say he continued to pop in and out of her daily life at school just to do stupid things so she would notice him. It was something he always did when he was really crushing on someone. This went on for a few weeks until the wrench was thrown in the works, named Christina. Funny I know right, and you thought this was only about one girl. Well you were right. Shaun started dating Christina, and believe it or not they were really happy together as far as high school crushes are concerned, and he almost forgot about Jane, almost. Man it figures she would start talking to me when I start dating someone else."

“Shaun and Christina are dating huh, I never would have thought it I should go and congratulate them.” Jane says to one of her friends. “I should go and find them right now actually.”

Jane dashes over to Shaun’s regular lunch place beside the gym. “Hi Shaun!” Jane exclaims. “Whatcha doing? So I hear you and Christina are dating, how cooool is that?”

Shaun stammers momentarily him caught off guard by the sudden presence of his dream girl. “Errrr yes that’s right, is that an amazing thing?” Jeez why can’t I ever say anything right, I’m such an idiot.

“Well no not really I just thought I would come and congratulate you and tell you that I’m happy for you.” Jane replies.

“Oh well thank you that’s nice of you we’ve been dating now for about a week, its going pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment