Stumbling through the darkness.
“Oh my I can’ t see a thing in here. Gerald are you there? I seem to have fallen in a dark cave or perhaps the bottom of one of your spit cans. Wait, no it smells more like market day out at the V.F.W.”
She falls on her hands and knees when she steps into a pothole.
Cries of agony, “Oooohhh Gerald, I done fell and hurt myself. Are you there Gerald? I tripped over this lump of rock in the road. Wait, its not a lump of rock after all, it feels kind of like a sack of potatoes. Oh my God! It’s a man Gerald, an old one to be exact, based off his smell. He smells kind of like you Gerald. Like mothballs and Gold Bond; you know what you smell like. Here, let me shuffle over and see if he’s alright.” She shuffles around wincing from the pain till she gets close enough to touch the man.
“Hmmmm now let me see. He has a scraggly ole beard like yours Gerald. He has a big nose like yours Gerald; you know with that big lumpy thing right on top just like yours. He also has that mole right behind his left ear like you do Gerald. If I didn’t know any better, I would say he was the spitting image of you Gerald.” She chuckles softly. “That can’t be right why would you be in a dank dark place like this? Wait, it is you Gerald. Oh my God. No. How can this be?”
She starts flailing wildly and slamming her fists on the ground.
“Wake up Mertle, wake up for pete’s sake. You were having another attack. The doctor says it’s just your condition. Here, sit up and have this glass of milk it will calm you down.” Gerald states calmly.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment