Monday, January 25, 2010

Schizophrenic Conversations

Conversations in the mirror
Words and faces never queerer
An army of one
Never limited yet never done
Inside the darkness I argue and fight, and gnash and bite
Stuck forever with this manifold blight
Alone in the dark I sit and wait
Never early nor ever late
The voices call and berate
Filling me with anger and hate
Wishing for silence, wishing for peace
Fighting myself gritting my teeth
Hands shake, cant stop, feeling bad
Its going to happen. Again, it’s sad
How do I fight that which I can’t see
No bullet can hurt an invisible enemy
Nothing left to do but take more medicine
It is my burden my gift and my sin
Inside my closet, fetal position
Schizophrenic conversations, searching for redemption
Come with me inside my mind
Ill take you on a journey of a lifetime
When its over you’ll understand
In my mind im not the only man
Relieving the pressure with words when alone
I am allowed to sit and calm them, atone
Here I am once again in the dark
Praying my words to you made their mark
Believe in me, hope for me
Some of the strong started weak
My weakness is in my mind
Growing, bending, running chills up my spine
This mental rollercoaster will never end it seems
The only thing left to do is follow my dreams
One day I will conquer all and be the victor
Even if every day I grow even sicker.

1 comment:

  1. i think it is very deep and a good sense of how to put a feeling into words so that someone else can see what you were feeling at the moment you wrote it and if you read closely you find out what you go through everyday

    ReplyDelete